Sunday, November 26, 2006

from Carrie :)



Hello everyone!

Shane and I just got back from spending the weekend in Spokane. We had Thanksgiving dinner here with the Folkman clan, and then got up early Friday to spend the rest of the weekend with Shane's family. It was not the restful weekend I'd wanted to have, but needless to say it was a lot of fun spending so much time with family.

Here's a quick update. I finally finished my Masters degree in the spring, and I'm now enjoying life free from school. (Except for middle school that is). I teach Spanish, Art & Reading classes, and then work after school with our at-risk kids to help them stay in school. Life is busy, and I can't wait for Shane to finish school, so that I can just work part time (or not at all!). He'll be done in the summer. Emma (now about 13 months old) is a walking maniac, and keeps us quite busy. She spends the mornings with her grandma Reckling until noon, Shane watches her in the afternoon until I get home at 4:00, and then I get my Mommy time in the evening, while Shane heads off to work at UPS. It's quite a tag-team adventure, but she's worth every moment. I can't wait for life to calm down a little.

Shane's going to school to be a diesel mechanic, and it looks like we will be moving to the ever-exciting area of Spokane when he's done. Housing is affordable there, compared to the "never in a million years" housing costs here in the Seattle area. He loves school, and can't wait to get started.

I'm so glad that we have this set up! It's been a great way to stay in touch with the Lyons side of the family, and I feel more connected to cousins than I ever have. I hope it goes the same here! I'd love to hear what you are all up to! Congrats to Stephanie and her wedding, I think that was the latest addition to the Folkman clan! I'm not sure about additions of babies in other families, etc. I hope to hear from all of you soon and look forward to seeing all the pictures! :) Enjoy the upcoming holidays!

Love, Carrie

No comments: