Thursday, April 26, 2007

Wow!

Wow, same hair and cheeks! :)

I haven't posted for a while, so here's a little update on the Reckling clan (or as Luke calls us the "Folklings").

Emma is trying to transition into nursery, and it has been a bit more frustrating than I expected. She has never been clingy, and all of a sudden, screams the second I leave the room. I know many people go through this, and it will pass...she loves the toys and socializing--she just wants me sitting there on the floor while it happens. It's fun to see her grow up--she's saying new words everyday. Her favorite phrase right now is, "What is it?", followed by a "Wow". She loves to read "Where the Wild Things Are" and points out Max in every picture. Being a mom is so much fun...I know Grandma and Grandpa love it too!

I am staying busy. I'm happy that there are only 9 weeks of school left. I'm teaching a night class (Spanish 102) at our community college and I am going to teach a couple of summer classes starting in June, also. I love teaching adults, its such a different world from middle school. Next year I'm dropping down to a part-time contract during the day, and I'll still be teaching one class at night a couple of days a week at the community college. I'll be able to be home more with Emma. I'm really looking forward to it!

Shane is 2 quarters away from being done with his diesel program. He has a great job right now working for one of the school districts, and they will convert it to a full-time job once he gets his certification. So next year, he will be home with Emma in the mornings while I'm at work, then I'll come home and he'll work the night shift at work, and I'll be home with Emma. We won't see each other much during the week, but it'll be great to have Shane done with school.

Hope all is well with you! :) Love, Carrie, Shane & Emma

No comments: