Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's a mental sport, so I must be insane!

I want to thank my dad for putting in the plug for me about the marathon. I am touched! I will be dedicating each mile to the special people in my life, my biggest supporters, and I have to fill 26 of them! So anyone who wants to send me an email to wish me well, I would love it, and you will be remembered while I am running! I will look at my list and it will say, "Mile (6) is dedicated to the Folkman Family Bloggers"! It's going to be a blast, and definitely a peak experience I will always remember.

My only regret is that Stephen will not be there at the finish line. The marathon date changed after I registered, and Stephen was already scheduled to be a speaker at a five-day conference in Richmond, VA. He tried to get out of it, or have his assignment changed to a different day, but it wasn't possible. So I told him he has to blow up a picture of his head to life-size, and have the kids hold it up when I get there. Mom and Dad will be there with my kids, and Ian said he was coming, and I think my in-laws and a few others on that side will be there. It's only a month away!

I'm sorry I haven't posted for awhile. I don't have a lot of time to "play" on the computer. I even have to compete with Ethan for a turn nowadays.

So, to update everyone....

It is "birthday season" at our house. It officially starts each year with Ethan's birthday on March 30. All seven of us have our birthdays between March 30 and August 9. Ethan is four now. His best present this year was his new baby cousin born on his birthday. We were so happy about that! Now Ethan Robert and Robert Grant will not only share the same name, but the same birthday too! Congratulations Adam & Shala! We love you!

Anna is 6 and a half, and about to graduate from 1st grade. School gets out the end of May for us. She is a very good reader. Anna is looking forward to her bedroom finally being finished in a few more weeks. She has been occupying a small corner of Amanda and Kimberly's room for a year now. We are in the mudding and taping stage of construction, so it should be ready in a few weeks. I am looking foward to decorating it for her. She will have the girliest, frilly, flowery, princess room I can dream up.

Spencer recently won an award for his science fair project at school, and received the highest rating at the district level. He is getting ready for his first pinewood derby, and is just a great kid.

Kimberly is so ready to be done with Jr. High...
She is excited about her first job when school gets out. She'll be working at Lagoon with Amanda.

Amanda is learning to DRIVE!!!!! Enough said.
Actually, she just got back from a trip to California with her high school orchestra. She had a great time. She has already started working at Lagoon on weekends for the season.

Stephen is very very busy with work, basement construction, his calling as ward clerk, and he always has 2 or 3 other projects on the side such as writing family histories in book form for people, and working on his own writing projects. AND, he still has time to help around the house, and cook, and be the "waterboy" sometimes for my training runs, and be the best husband a wife could ask for! Right now he is on a five-day business trip in Colorado.

As for me, I am busy with running, Young Womens, running, piano lessons, running, PTA, running, etc. We are planning Girls Camp right now, so the girls and I are looking forward to that. It is the week after school gets out.

In general, life is good!!

I love our family blog. I have had fun this morning catching up with all of you! I looked at Zach's myspace page and loved the documentary, and the song. Good luck on the show in May! Ian's trebuchet is the coolest, and I love all the pictures everyone is adding to the blogs. I was so happy to see pictures of Kris and Marcos and their family. It has been so long.

Love to you all!
Linda, Stephen, Amanda, Kimberly, Spencer, Anna, and Ethan.

P.S. In case you don't have my email address...lindamaevalentine@msn.com

1 comment:

Robert said...

A lot of new Aries guys in the family -- look out world!