Thursday, June 19, 2008

Aunt Retta & Ethelyn


Grandma Doris gave me a book of greeting cards she and Grandpa received the first 7 years or so of their marriage. (I think it's an old greeting card sample book from King's that she pasted their cards in.) I love to look through the old cards, and it's fun to see the little notes Grandma and Grandpa wrote to each other. I recognize some of the names, but most of the people who sent the cards are unknown to me.

After reading Dad's post, I knew I had seen Aunt Retta & Ethelyn's names somewhere. So I got the book out and found this little Christmas card. Thought you'd like to see it. If we get together for a family reunion, I'll bring the book so everyone can enjoy looking through the cards.


2 comments:

Kevin said...

Thanks, Maryanne, for posting this. Grandma loved those cards, and kept just about everything she ever got. I'm pretty quick to throw stuff away, but this just underscores why it's important to keep stuff like this.

Robert said...

Thanks, Mary. I've never figured out where Aunt Annie fits in, need to work on that. But I assume they were all cousins to Grandma Annie Mae Hunter.