Sunday, March 23, 2008

Way to go Steph!

I'm sure Stephanie is modest about the work she does, but it's nice to read about it. I know our family has new respect for the ski patrol ever since Josh broke his arm while skiing 2 years ago. He went over a jump going faster than he thought and collided with another skier. They thought his arm was dislocated at first, but then realized it was broken and took great care of him. It turned out he had broken part of the growth plate and the orthopedist said if they hadn't been so careful with Josh getting him down the mountain, it could have been worse. He healed up nicely with no long term damage and has been skiing ever since.

2 comments:

Papa D said...

Fwiw from an "outsider", one of my uncle's was on a search and rescue team for years. It is a necessary and noble service. Congrats on your recognition in the Letter to the Editor, even though I'm sure that's not why you do it.

Kevin said...

papa d (Ray)is a friend of mine from other blogs, and someone I have the greatest respect for. Don't mind that he has dropped by. I'm a visitor at his blog frequently, and he doesn't mind the intrusion either.

Kevin